Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

Hi i need help on this matter, as it is destroying my life.

Customer Question

Hi i need help on this matter, as it is destroying my life. i have trouble getting a erection, especially when I'm nervous. for example I'm in love with the most amazing girl ever. i went to her house last night,she made dinner, we had a glass of wine the usual. she than said we go to bed. that's when it went down hill. she was horny as anything, but i just fell apart. even do i wanted to have sex i got so nervous. she touch my penis nothing. i gave her foreplay and she was enjoying it. three times we made attempt to have sex nothing. what is wrong with me. she was stunning lieing there in front of me and i did bloody nothing. This morning i left the house so quick. on the way home i cryed and now am so depressed, i feel my life is not worth living. please help because it is killing me.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 2 years ago.
Since when you have this problem ?

Are you taking any medications for anxiety ?

Do you smoke ?

Do you get morning erections ?

Any major illness recently ?

Any other problems ?

Please let me know.

Dr.Tharun

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I Don't smoke,drink i excersise alot. And yes i do have morning erection. I take no medication, but i do shake and get very nervous when I'm about to have sex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have had this problem for 2 years. Thank you for your help. I have no medical condition

Hi Colm,
You seem to have psychological impotence. This is the most common cause of losing erections at this age. Other causes are usually seen in elderly men. This issue is due to performance anxiety. Anxiety takes priority and erection process suffers. Erection has to start from the brain first. You need to have absolute concentration to initiate and maintain an erection. If the brain is preoccupied with other things obviously you will fail to achieve erections.
First of all try not to make a big deal of it. Don't stress yourself out over this issue. Lot of people suffer from this problem and most of them will tide over this problem. If the problem persists then you need to get a counseling session with your doctor. Otherwise you can try medications like Viagra or cialis. These medications will help you achieve erections. Once you are confident about the whole process these medications can be weaned off. This works in most cases. Try meditation and yoga for relaxation and this should help. Reassurance is the main treatment for such issues. Once you understand that it's all in the brain,you can tackle it better.
If you have any questions or concerns about this problem, please let me know.
Dr.Tharun