Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have been suffering from foamy for a few months now,

Customer Question

I have been suffering from foamy pee for a few months now, It causes me major anxiety and I really need to get to the bottom of it. I have had my urine tested by the doctor 3 times now and the protein levels have been normal. I very occasionally get a burning sensation when I pee and recently I have had to get up to go pee in the mornings as the urgency is worse than it used to be, I also feel like I peeing slightly more. It used to be a few times a day, its now about 6. I also recently have had cloudy pee as well as being foamy, sitting down when I pee also minimises the foam substantially. I was wondering if it was the strength of the urination causing the pee as some have suggested but I haven't convinced myself that this is the case as regardless of how fast I urinate foam still appears. Thanks for listening.

Edit- Oh I also had my prostate checked the first time I went to the doctor but they said it was fine. I was also tested for STIs but i cannot remember what ones.

Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
If you do not have protein urine, phone Marcy is from forceful urination. This happens in all men. This is nothing to be concerned about. There's nothing wrong with your urine. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would this be the case even if I drink loads of water and pee more? It seems to be that the more foam is caused by the yellower the pee. Are you sure it could be forceful urination. I don't know what to do.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, without protein in the urine, the foam is from forceful urination. There is nothing to do for this as this is normal.