Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

hi, ill try to keep this short as possible...im a 29 yr

Customer Question

hi, ill try to keep this short as possible... i'm a 29 yr old male, 2 months ago i had unprotected sex, little while after i had the discharge and tingling in penis, went to my GUM clinic and diagnosed with NSU, was given Zithromax, 4 tablets took in one dose. day or 2 later, after getting home from work i was peeing every 20mins, literally needed to go minutes after last going. well that was 7 weeks ago, i'm still getting frequent urination, especially at work where im moving around a lot. discharge has gone away, but the head of my penis is still very sensitive.... resulting in very premature ejaculation. The constant feeling of needing to urinate is really getting me down. my biggest fear is never being 100% better again, the constant need to urinate for 7 weeks? and constant "dribbling of urine" (tiny amounts, but penis under the foreskin is always damp) surely it should have got better by now?? my doctor has done loads of urine and blood tests, all came back good, hes referred me to a urologist but that's months away.... i can't take much more of this. any ideas what could be causing this? blood tests taken were PSA, kidney function, full blood count, all normal.

Category: Urology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 2 years ago.

I am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.

This is typical of prostate inflamation. It can be hard to clear up.

I suggest your doctor do a urinalysis and culture AFTER doing a prostate exam to see if any bugs can be identified.

In fact it can also be inflammation without infection.

In this case specific non antibiotic medications can help.

See this overview of the topic.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/458391-overview

OK, so that is an initial answer…. Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.