Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I had a virginal hysterectomy and repair 3 weeks ago but have

Customer Question

I had a virginal hysterectomy and repair 3 weeks ago but have a flip flow caffeter in since as my bladder was bruised and swollen as I was retaining urin in my bladder wasn't passing all of it I am going back to hospital tomorrow to have it removed again I'm really nervousness I'm just wondering if I will b able to empty all my bladder very nervous do u think i might have long term damage
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Since you are three weeks out from surgery, you should not have problems emptying your bladder at this point. Your bladder should be almost fully healed by now and you should empty once the catheter is removed. Hope this helps.