Dr. David
Dr. David, Physician Experienced in Urology
Experience:  Board Certified Physician with extensive experience in Urology
41363181

BIG PROBLEM WITH PENIS

Customer Question

Hi I have a PROBLEM after masterbating I get swelling in my penis  it's all started happiening after I had sex with a stranger 9 weeks ago. I've been to the GUM clinic and been tested which came back clear any idea what is wrong with me ? The swelling is under the head of the penis where the glands are and down the sides it goes  after a day or two but penis is sore and tender I'm circumcised if that helps, Also these are short sessions no more than a few minutes I've only masterbated  twice since the sex and it has happened both times.  I notice my groins and my buttocks have a tingling feeling and are red and hot to touch ?

Category: Urology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

it sounds like you have a soft tissue cellulitis infection of your penis

it sounds like you need to go on a course of antibiotics like keflex to see if this helps clear up the infection

swelling and pain and redness are signs of bacterial infections.

you could also have a fungal infection in your groin as well. you might need to go on antifungal creams and pills to help your redness and swelling.

do you have a doctor you can see who can start you on antibiotics and antifungals to help you clear up a possible infection?

that is good all of the STD testing came back negative.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi thanks for reply just got back from the Doctors they give me some fungal cream but no Antibiotics she examined me and said all looks ok. When I asked about the swelling she said its hard to know because the swelling has gone down . is there a std that can cause this kind of swelling after masterbating?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
no, STD don't usually cause swelling of the penis after masturbaing.

you have been checked for STDs as well

most likely it is the fungal infection which has caused the swelling.

I hope the fungal infection gets better

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the sex I had was with a African woman is there any rare STDs I should worry about ? This feels like more than just a fungal infection I'm getting a burning along the sides of my penis and in the tip now.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
did you use a condom?

did you have testing to check for HIV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes i tested at 4 weeks p24 test and at 8 weeks with a rapid test both clear

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
that is good.

fungal infections can take several weeks to get better

you need to continue on with antifungal creams and powders to keep the area dry and to avoid sexual activity until the fungal infection is better.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What was worrying me was the doctor didn't even think I had a fungal infection she only give me the cream as a precaution said it wouldnt harm. I'll try it anyway.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
try the antifungal cream and see if it helps

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just one more question how accurate is the 4 week p24/antibody test plus the 8 week rapid test ?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
both are very accurate testing.

80-90% accuracy
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
do you have any other questions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yeah this morning it feels like the muscles at the base of my penis are sore and swollen any ideas?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
this could be due to prior sexual activity

or a bladder infection

or infection or inflammation of the penile bulb.

you might need to go on a course of antibiotics

are you still using your antifungal cream?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes still using it. What antibiotics would you put me on?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
I would need to examine you first

you can not just go by online questions and answers to treat an infection.

I can't see you and I can't take a full medical history.

you haven't had your urine evaluated for infection.
Experience: Board Certified Physician with extensive experience in Urology
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it was clear I've had every test I can all came back ok. the doctor wouldnt give me antibiotics because the swelling had gone. Thanks for your help

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
I see.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi doc I've been using the cream but things have got worst I've now got a red rash on the top of my penis head. It's dry and scaly could this be the cream or somthing else ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
it shouldn't be from the cream

could you please upload a clear jpg picture of the problem area?

here are instructions.

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi doc I went back the gum clinic over the rash they said it was just dry skin and sould just keep using the cream it's gone better now altho it is still red but it is hard to see on a picture. Been getting a clear discarge from penis last 2 days and the swelling keeps happening when I masterbate I told the gum docs about this they just told me you have been tested so it's not a std? I'm having a nightmare with this.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
it sounds like your anxiety is out of control on this if you are having nightmares about this.

you have been tested so it is not an STD.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i would agree with you but the swelling is not in my head and now the clear discharge.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
the clear discharge can be from precum or ejaculate.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
The other expert has opted out.

We are only paid by ja per positive rating.

Do you want to continue with me and rate when you are done?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

done thanks