Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

This isnt really urology question however you may be able to

This isnt really urology question however you may be able to help. Have had 2nd outbreak herpes type I 3weeks ago. 1st episode after a oneoff silly moment and not since gave me this1st episode andwas on pubic bone and lasted 1week and no .problem.Nothing since til 3weeks ago. Thought cystitis so didnt start antivirals in time.Prob.is cant see how it can go away as in urethra - couldnt be worse place as agony and makes me keep urinating as it is irritating all the time.Cant anoint it or keep dry as recommended for it elsewhere. Am resting lots, good diet etc. but had just abt enough as think urinating over it all the time is making it unable to heal. Clinic seems at a loss and says "it will go" but how can it as patently not with the place its in!Blood test reveals thats what it is. Awful place to have it and wits end. Need reassurance that somehow it can heal in this place .1st episode 18months ago. Now this 3weeks ago. no episodes in between these times and no sex. Help. Many thanks.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Have you seen a urologist to look inside the urethra to confirm that this is herpes in the urethra?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Am awaiting your response plse.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Did they see any ulcers concerning for herpes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, difficult to see visually as too painful and small orifice but yes small ulcer lesions there at entrance.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, herpes that affects the urinary tract can heal even when it affects the bladder or even the urethra. As long as you were treated with a cycle gear, this will clear up. It may take 4 to 6 weeks to completely heal. Hope this helps.