Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

My wife is 84 and has a Parkinson related involuntary tremor

Customer Question

My wife is 84 and has a Parkinson related involuntary tremor in her left arm. However, I find it hard to believe that this condition has any bearing on her need to urinate every 15 to 20 minutes night and day, sometimes even more frequently. It is not as if she drinks a lot of fluid. In fact she doesn't drink enough. This situation is very distressing for both of us as I have to physically lift her off her bed and onto the commode. Is there any product on the market which will slow down this production of urine please? Any suggestions you may have would be most welcome.
Many thanks,
Peter Whyman (in Dawlish, Devon)
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

Frequency of urination is very common in people with Parkinson's disease. This is because The nerves that control the bladder become unstable and cause the water to contract frequently. This can be controlled with medications such as Trospium. She needs to get into see a urologist for an examination and they should be able to prescribe this for her. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.