Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Hi my name is***** am 22 and suffer from premature ejaculation

Hi my name is***** am 22 and suffer from premature ejaculation I is there anything that I can do too prevent this.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
How long have you had this problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

don't know really have it a long time now couple of years

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
There are several treatment options for premature ejaculation (PE). The medications you can take are one of several selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), such as sertraline (Zoloft), paroxetine (Paxil) or fluoxetine (Prozac), and dapoxetine to help delay ejaculation. These have to be prescribed by a doctor.
Topical anesthetic creams containing lidocaine or prilocaine dull the sensation on the penis to help delay ejaculation. Applied a short time before intercourse, these creams are wiped off when your penis has lost enough sensation to help you delay ejaculation. The medication I use most for my patient is called 4% Lidocaine cream. You can buy this on the internet at sites like amazon.com if you do a search for it. Hope this helps and please ask any other questions you may have.