Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

hello my husband is going in for an exploratory op. the last

Customer Question

hello my husband is going in for an exploratory op. the last MRI scan he had they said theyd found a loop near kidneys/bladder and just wondered if youre able to tell me any more on this? he has a horseshoe kidney, and they said it might be something to do with that?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

Can you clarify what do you mean by they found a loop? Do you have the MRI results you can upload so I can interpret this myself?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Unfortunately no. All they said was when they rang me was they had found some sort of loop and wanted to investigate further. Sorry I can't be more helpful...
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
Finding a loop is not a medical term. I don't know what a loop would be in this region. But it works your kidneys can have problems with blockage or even reflux of urine that they may be investigating. If you can find more information about what they exactly found, I can give you some better information. Hope this helps.