Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I HAD 4 BLADDER INFECTIONS WITHIN TWO MONTHS 3 OF THESE I WAS

Customer Question

I HAD 4 BLADDER INFECTIONS WITHIN TWO MONTHS 3 OF THESE I WAS HOSPITALISED. THEY CAUSED ME TO HAVE SYMPTONS WHICH SEEMED TO PARALISE MY LEGS- ARMS-BACK.I WAS UNABLE TO MOVE OR CONTROL MY BLADDER. IT TOOK ABOUT 4 DAYS TO GET MY BODILY FUNCTIONS WORKING. IT ALSO LEFT ME WEAK AND I HAVE NEVER REALLY GAINED MUCH OF MY STRENGTH BACK. I HAVE TYPE 2 DIABETIS
Category: Urology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I am sorry you had these bladder and pelvic problems

you need to consult a urologist and get a cystoscopy to look inside of your bladder

and see if you have something like intersticial cystitis or over active bladder muscles going into spasms.

have your doctors tried you on medications like vescicare or detrol to help with over active bladder muscles?

have you had a cystoscopy procedure yet?