Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I am 86 eric, had two tumours removed from my bladder on 29th

I am 86 eric, had two tumours removed from my bladder on 29th August, and was told that due to a CIS in the bladder lining grade 3 they were going to give me six weeks with chemo or BCG once each week, but when I visited the clinic and told them of my six loperamide capsules I take daily due to my prostate six years ago radio therapy no 2 problem; they said, due too to my age that the treatment previously proposed would make me too ill. Now they have said they would leave me three months to see with another Cystoscopy what the
situation is. I am very worried having read that if the no 3 fast growing grade bladder lining cancer goes into my connective tissue and muscle into somewhere there would be no hope for me.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Did they say they removed all visible tumor at the time of your surgery?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes they removed two tumours, but not the cancer in the bladder lining

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
By definition, CIS does not pass the lining of the bladder. It is contained to the superficial lining. Did they only find CIS and nothing more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes they found CIS cancer strip in the inner lining, no 3 they removed the two tumours, but, I understand can not remove CIS they said it might form inside the bladder tumours that then could be removed if appearing in the three months wait

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
Yes. That is correct. They can do surveillance every 3 months and remove more tumors that may form in the future.
CIS can freely float in the bladder and reimplant into another site. This is why close surveillance is crucial. But not everyone gets a recurrence of the tumor. 30-40% never get a recurrence. BCG only decreases the recurrence rate and the risk of becoming a more aggressive tumor but it is a tough drug to tolerate. Only about 20% of patients actually go through the entire course of BCG doses.
At your age, periodic surveillance is likely the best option. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INFORMATION I WILL BE READY TO ACCEPT

WHAT MY HOSPITAL HAS SAID NOW. GOOD ADVICE. THANK YOU. eric Johnson

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome. I wish you well
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

EXCELLENT SERVICE THANK YOU