Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I am 83yrs of age and have a large growth in the bladder.

I am 83yrs of age and have a large growth in the bladder. the specialist is to perform an operation to cut the size down. At this time I have no pain the frequency of passing water I can cope with, I am aware that it will not improve as I get older as I consider this operation will lay me low for about 2 months, should I go ahead? R D Payne
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Was this growth your prostate?
Have you had urine infections?
Are you emptying your bladder?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Prostate Yes.

Urinary infections. No.

Slow stream, more often

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
Has your doctor done a bladder ultrasound to see if you are emptying it completely?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He inserted a camera and on screen it showed a rather murky thin soup with small pieces of matter floating about, he then filled bladder with water to wash out.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
OK. The murky urine is likely a sign that you are not emptying your bladder and this is probably why they are recommending the surgery. If you are not emptying your bladder, then I agree with this surgery. You need to ask your doctor if this is the reason why they propose this surgery to be sure though. Hope this helps.