Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

So for the past 3 weeks out of the blue ive had a throbbing

So for the past 3 weeks out of the blue ive had a throbbing feeling in the scrotum next to my left testicle, there seemed to be abit of a small lump in there which was uncomfortable when pushed. The slight pain could also be felt as far down as my knee at times. 2 days ago the left testicle felt fine.......but i have exactly the same symptoms in the right testicle. The small lump (which can almost be moved about) seems to be present. However waking up today the ache has again moved into the left testicle and the right one feels fine.
Any ideas as im quite worried and away with work for the next 10 days.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Do you have burning when you urinate?
How old are you?
Are you sexually active?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No burning, I'm 31 and not having regular sex but occasional sex

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
This sounds like you may have an infection of your testicle called epididymoorchitis that probably started as a urine infection. You need to get in to see your doctor for an exam and a urine culture and you'll probably need to be started on antibiotics for this. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok great thanks. Do you also answer questions on STD's?

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Yes I do
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok so on a different note, 3 nights ago I had my first man on man experience with a random guy. He gave me oral sex for maybe 30 mins and then very briefly (maybe 1 minute) I gave him anal sex( me being the top) We used a condom and it didn't appear to break but only covered maybe 3 inches of my penis. Was intact though when we stopped. Am i at risk from HIV?

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
The chances of contracting HIV with this exposure is extremely low. But anything is possible and you would be safest by being tested for HIV if you are concerned. Hope this helps.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've just been freaking out and anxious since and have posted this same question to the Medhelp HIV experts who assure me there is no chance of contracting it this way as it was safe sex. Sorry just wanted further clarification

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
It would be extremely unlikely to contract HIV this way