Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

So I got a rash on my penis 2.5 days after a high risk

So I got a rash on my penis 2.5 days after a high risk sexual exposure. It was fairly bright red, just under the head of my penis, one small patch on the left hand side, another, less severe patch on the right. The one on the left had a thin yellowish, raised line of skin, which the STI doc I went to see said looked like "teeth marks". She also said it looked like a "trauma wound". However, it appeared THREE days after, very suddenly. Came back negative for Herpes. The rash began diminishing and was gone within three days. Wasn't itchy or sore.
Used a condom and don't recall having oral, but I was so drunk I blacked out after a certain point.
Could this be psoriasis or contact dermatitis? Doesn't seem to fit the symptoms of any STI. Thank you in advance.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

Can you please post a picture of this area so I can see what this may be?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm afraid I didn't think to take a picture, annoyingly, and now it's gone. I guess that means this is a waste of time...

Also forgot to say, it didn't itch or irritate me in any way.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
If this area has disappeared, this is a good sign. This likely means that this was not a sexually transmitted disease. It was likely some skin tear or irritation from intercourse that you had. If you don't have any other further symptoms, I would not be concerned about this. But you should probably be tested for all STDs just to be sure since you didn't have a high-risk encounter. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks so much. That's put my mind at rest somewhat. I'm getting tested for everything and having the worst month of my life. Thanks again Doc.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
You're very welcome, I wish you the very best. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.