Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have scrotal edema and the swelling of the scrotal area had

Customer Question

I have scrotal edema and the swelling of the scrotal area had covered my penis and it is tricky to clean under the foreskin ...could this be the reason i got a Uti? Cause my urine had about 2 or 3 tiny red bits in the urine during my uti.... i have had anti biotics and it has cleared up. But 9 months later with same problem and the penis is covered but i try to clean behind the foreskin.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
How old are you?
Are you diabetic?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not diabetic and i am 44 white male

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, if you cannot clean under the foreskin, this can cause you to have a UTI. I would recommend you get in to see a urologist for an exam to see if you need to be prescribed a steroid cream such as betamethasone to loosen the skin so you can clean under it regularly to stop these infections. In severe cases, you may need to consider a circumcision to remove the skin that is getting infected to stop these infections. Hope this helps.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank You very much if i get another one i will request a circumcision . Thank You Doctor you have put my mind at rest.Have a nice weekend!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Following our conversation i had another uti with blood in it and my scrotal lymphaedema went down to the smallest i have seen?

Also i have been drinking from the same plastic bottle for 5 years can that be a cause of repeated uti's?

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
No, drinking from the plastic bottles will not cause UTIs.
I'm glad that your scrotal lymphedema has improved.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry i should have explained this better i just notice i have been refilling my water bottle for the past year and have not washed the inside of the bottle.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
No. That definitely won't cause UTIs