Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Hi I am worried about my partner who had an MRI on his prostate

Hi I am worried about my partner who had an MRI on his prostate which is clear but has thickening of the rectal lining, due to be examined with an endoscopy but not for some time. What are the chances of this being bowel cancer?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Does he have blood in the stool or diarrhea?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello - not as far as I know, but as it is not myself I cannot be 100% certain, I would assume not for the purposes of answering the question but if I ask this question of him next time I speak to him perhaps you could let me know how much this would alter the response. Thanks

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
It would not really alter the response much. But it would give me a better idea of whether or not this thickening is significant or not. An MRI can be very sensitive. This is sickening is probably just some inflammation of the colon. If they did not see an obvious mass in the colon, this is probably not cancer. He just needs to have the colonoscopy done to be sure. Hope this helps.