Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

In approx July last year I went to my GP with what I thought

Customer Question

In approx July last year I went to my GP with what I thought was a UTI unfortunately it was caught too late and had traveled up to my kidneys I was on Ciproxin 200mg twice a day as I am allergic to penicillin other antibiotics couldn't be given to me. I got rid of the urine infection and was left with bad pain so I went to see a urologist to see what was happening I had blood tests, many urine tests and it showed up that everything was normal yet I was still producing very little urine so my consultant did a cystoscopy which helped for a matter of a few hours I also had a ultrasound on my kidneys along with a CT scan with contrast unfortunately I had to change consultants.
I have just seen my new one for the second time in the space of one weekend Friday to Sunday I only passed 130ml of urine which is very little however my blood test results are coming back with nothing, there are no white blood cells to indicate a urine infection there were just 3 white blood cells and my urine samples are coming back saying nothing is wrong. I am now to undergo a blood test to check my kidney function and I have also done another urine sample as I have been getting high fevers I am drinking alot all day as I know that its the best thing to flush out my kidneys.
If all results come back negative with no answers and I am still producing very little urine what can be done and what is causing this? I am feeling at a loss of why this is happening and I am desperate for answers
Category: Urology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
still need help?