Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have white cells in my urin

I have white cells in my urin
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Do you have any urinary symptoms?
Did you have a urine culture done?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No urinary symptoms. No other test done
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
So why did you have the urine test to begin with?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Went to see doctor on Thursday 20 of November with cystitis and took urine sample with me was going for blood test today for my diabetes was told by nurse that I had to phone gp when i phoned he said about the white cells in the urine that I needed to do another test using the red top bottle also saying if the test came back the same with white cells I would need to be revered to an uroligyist
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Well the white cells indicates inflammation in the urinary tract. If you don't have any other symptoms, then I would not worry about this. If you have any burning or urinary frequency, then a urine culture would be warranted and a course of antibiotics would likely be needed. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I feel a bit bloated I have slight pain on the right side below ribs it's like as if I have swelling on this side
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Them make potential to be a sign of a kidney infection but typically you would have very high fevers. Three like you need to see your doctor for an exam to make sure that this bloating is not related to your kidneys.