Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice
Experience:  Years of experience with general surgery and urgent care
18722459

Is exhaustion something that doctors treat?

Is sexual exhaustion something that doctors treat?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--can you tell me what exactly you mean by the term?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The Internet says that it's something in which due to over masturbation you can lose your lIndio and develop ED.. It also apparently causes your hormone levels to plummet too.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Libido*
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You and I have spoken before. No, excessive masturbation does not lower testosterone levels or cause a physical erectile dysfunction problem. Depression and anxiety can, on the other hand, affect libido.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can depression and anxiety cause erectile dysfunction too?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That can cause what I would call an all or nothing problem where the man can't get any erection at all at times but not the actual medical erectile dysfunction of only being able to get a partial erection all the time
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Since my bouts of depression and anxiety I do sometimes get strong erections and sometimes nothing.. Whereas before it was consistent. I went abstinent for a week and after masturbating since then my ereftions in the morning are much stronger and my penis has more sensitivy.. What could this mean?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, first off that would have nothing to do with your testosterone level being low. The fact that you can get strong erections in the morning also means you don't have a problem with blood flow either. What you need to do is get your anxiety and depression treated with therapy and perhaps with medication if that's also warranted, but I would have to say none of this is a physical problem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
One final thing... I do have a fetish which has been the only thing that has been able to turn me on for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately I am unable to get aroused by heterosexual porn. However when I am around my girlfriend I do get aroused and achieve an erection. I get aroused by kissing her.. Touching her and just her presence.. I don't know if it's some sort of placebo effect but I do feel like I just want to be on top of her.. Sometimes when she sends dirty texts to me of doing natural sexual acts.. I get turned on?? I always thought I was screwed with just a fetish. What does all of this mean?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sorry--I'm not clear about your fetish?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a female foot fetish
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
But I'm not sure as yet how that worries you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I always thought that because of my fetish I woulsnt be able to have sex.. I was never turned on by normal stuff such as boobs etc.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
But you do have sex with your girlfriend?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We haven't had it yet no.. I haven't had sex yet
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Oh--OK. No, your fetish really isn't a problem since you can be aroused just by being around her. It certainly wouldn't be the cause of your lack of libido now
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So those feelings that I described previously about being aroused just by being around my gf.. Does this indicate that I could successfully have sex despite my fetish?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Absolutely--that's really the way all we men are.
Dr. Chip, General Practice
Experience: Years of experience with general surgery and urgent care
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wow.. This is truly remarkable. My whole teenage life I've convinced myself that I was doomed to being unable to have sex. I always went into the Internet to work out my sexual identity and I would obsess over my fetishwhich made things worse. Then when I got my gf I started to have feelings that I never had before which made me question if I was just aroused by my fetish only. Thanks a lot for the confirmation
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure--let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you