Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

hello pls i had my puj obstruction surgery on my right kidney

hello pls i had my puj obstruction surgery on my right kidney on the 26th of august this month want to know when i can resume work, start djing again and having sex and whats the healing time and i still feel a bit of pain is that normal.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

Are all the tubes and stents removed from your body from the surgery?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello doc, yes the stent was removed six weeks after the surgery my surgery was on the 26th of august and my stent was removed six weeks after on the 7th of october.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

just need to ask very improtant questions..

What types of food i should avoid eating and drinking.

When i can start having sex.

When i can start Going back to work.

When i can start djing cause i dj aswell.

How long the healing time for the type of surgery i did.

What activities i can do and what to avoid for now and how long.

And i still feel a bit of pain when i lay on the area is this normal and for how long.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.

What types of food i should avoid eating and drinking.- Avoid alcohol as this can make you have pain from increased urine production. you can eat whatever you like

When i can start having sex.- Now

When i can start Going back to work.- Now

When i can start djing cause i dj aswell.- Now

How long the healing time for the type of surgery i did.- 6 weeks

What activities i can do and what to avoid for now and how long.- you can resume all your normal activities

And i still feel a bit of pain when i lay on the area is this normal and for how long.- The pain may take a 3-6 months to go away if it is from the incision. But you would have to see your surgeon for an exam to make sure it is not the kidney causing your pain.