Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have a string like hard vein or channel on my penis under

I have a string like hard vein or channel on my penis under the foreskin. It is approximately half an inch long and 3mm in diameter. It feels hard to the touch and seems to run alongside a vein. I just noticed it a couple of days ago and it hasn't changed since then. It is there when erect or flaccid. I don't think it is a vein as it is more a white colour than a blue vein. Could this be a lymphocele or is it anything to worry about like cancer or an sti? Are there any complications if it is a lymphocele and what can I do to treat this?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Can you post a picture of this area in question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi is there an email address I can send the picture to? I can't seem to paste it in here
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
You have to upload the photo on the desktop application using the paper clip icon.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Here you go. Its the kind of whitish line perpendicular to the penis shaft.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi did you get the photo?

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I got the photo. Did you recently have a prolonged erection or rough sex?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I've had rough sex in the last week or so. Could that be it?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that like we could be the cause. This looks like a blood clot in the vein under the foreskin. This can take several months to dissolve on its own. There's nothing you need to do or can do to make this go away faster. You should consider seeing a urologist for an official exam to confirm the diagnosis. Hope this helps.