Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I am having to pass urine too often. I have very little control

Customer Question

I am having to pass urine too often. I have very little control of my bladder. I've had 3 anti-biotics in the past 6 weeks or so because of a kidney infection. I've had blood tests done and they show that the kidneys are fine. What do you think might be causing the overactive bladder?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
How long have you had these symptoms?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have always experienced this problem on and off for a few years.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
The most common cause of overactive bladder is idiopathic, meaning, we don't know why it happens. This is a very common diagnosis in women your age and is highly treatable with medication such as oxybutynin. You need to be evaluated by a urologist to determine if you would be a candidate for this medication to stop your symptoms. Hope this helps.