Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I tried to sound my penis, (stupidly with a paintbrush), but

I tried to sound my penis, (stupidly with a paintbrush), but as I took it out, blood came out of my penis. I tried to pee to get the blood out and it stung a lot. Now it bleeds very, very slowly and without me able to see actual blood, but it doesn't hurt anymore. What should I do and what do you think has happened.
Thanks and I hope reply.
PS I'm never gonna do it again.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
and thanks me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Was this a wooden handle or a plastic handle that you put into the urethra?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it was a smooth plastic handle, but it felt quite metallic.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Okay. The significant amount of bleeding that you had indicates that you likely injured the urethra. The size of the paint brush handle likely stretched the urethra to the point where you tore The tissue open. This is a problem that needs to be evaluated urgently by a urologist. You need to go to the emergency room to have them call a urologist in to do cystoscopy to look inside the urine channel to see if they need to place a catheter week or two to let the tissue heal. You cannot just hope that this will heal on its own. You need to find out exactly what got damaged. If you don't get this evaluated, you may potentially have a lifetime of urinary problems due to scar tissue you. Hope this helps.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.