DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have had a tender pain in my left& right testicle

Customer Question

I have had a tender pain in my left& right testicle about 3 months (started in left). I have seem a urologist in that time and they have told me I have (I can't remember the medical term :-)) inflammation in the 'tube' that collects the sperm. I took the medication but the problem persisted, the doctor then booked me in to have an ultra sound and they found a syst - which wasn't the problem but could be relevant Info. After that I've heard no results and the doctors can't find the scan so I'm just waiting back on that but the doctor who scanned 'didn't see any thing threatening'.
I've returned back to the doctor as now my left kidney is hurting! I'm back on ciproxi(something) (antibiotics) but within two days(just now) my right kidney is begin To have the same slight pain and I'm a little bit worried.
There's no lumps of bumps but constantly hurts
Thank you I actually really appreciate any advice you can give ".
I'm booked in to see urology again in March but I'd appreacte advice on weather to go and rob a bank now and see a private doctor, or pitch up tent in A&E few days and be seen by a urologist that could potential send me back in a circle of lost scans!
Has anyone please got any remidies or info I can give to these doctors to help push them & me in the right direction?
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.

Are you done with the cipro?
Did you have a urine culture?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
,
I haven't finished the new set of Cipro - but I have finished a previous course and it hasn't helped
I'm not to sure if I had a urine culture but I haven't heard of it so might be a good sign
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
,
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
OK
So I would suggest that you do what you can to have a scan now, or go back to your urologist immediately to achieve this.
A CT scan is probably in order.
An ultrasound at least.
Just wait? Not if the cipro is not helping after 3 to 4 days.
If this was indeed infection, cipro is a very poor choice of drugs, and I would change this to a 3rd generation cephalosporin.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.