Dr. David
Dr. David, Physician Experienced in Urology
Experience:  Board Certified Physician with extensive experience in Urology
41363181

I have been having burning sensation at the tip of my penis

Customer Question

Hi I have been having burning sensation at the tip of my penis for about 2 years now, I have been to my GP and been referred to urology which I did prostate checks, urine, blood and a camera was put in my bladder to check for abnormalities but everything checked out to be ok. This took about a year to do and still they couldn't find whats wrong.
Just to let you know could this be because when i was a teenager as I am now 27, I used to masturbate with shampoos, hair gel, conditioners and also usually wash my penis with soap, I also received oral without protection in the past. Pls enlighten me as to what could be the casue of this. I was also given anti-biotics and nothing worked, finally I noticed recently my scrotum gets dry and I also add cocnut oil to relive dryness.
Thanks Curtis
Category: Urology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Curtis,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

do NOT masturbate with shampoos, hair gel, conditioners because these soaps will get into your urethra and burn your urethra and the tip of your penis

shampoos and conditioners are not meant for masturbation

you should only be using water based lubricants like KY jelly for masturbation

these soaps and shampoos are also drying your scrotal skin

you need to stop this habit

once you stop, the burning of the urethra will get better

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com