Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

My husband has been diagnosed with bladder cancer. He had

Customer Question

My husband has been diagnosed with bladder cancer. He had several appointments after thr initial diagnosis but each time the appointment was delayed until several months went by. Following a cystoscopu and lab report we are told he has Grade 3 which was quite upsetting. It has not invaded the muscle. Can you give us some hope or is the prognosis poor. He is attending Mr. Corr's Clinic in Colchester Hospital. We were going to move near the family in Cheshire. Would this now bw a bad moce? It may mean Stockport Hospital. Your opinion wouls be appreciated. We have always supporeted MCMILLAN BUT NEVER THOUGHT WE WOULD NEED YOU. jEAN tURNER - hUSABND ***** *****
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
How large was the tumor?
Was it completely removed during the resection?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We were not told after sample sent to lab. only told seversl ... after first cystoscopy Dontbelieve completely removed. Only given results relayed to you by GP. Appointment in just two or three days to get info from Mr. corr or team member. If it would help I will telephone your number as I do not find listening on mobile very easy, or can continur online

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not told size and no not removed. Appointment to go back in April for 'procedure' with local anaesthetic

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
I currently can't speak on the phone because I am on an airplane. The type of tumor that he has is actually an early stage cancer because it has not invaded into the muscle. However, he does have a high-grade tumor that has a chance of recurring around 20 to 40%. This is why it is very important to undergo periodic surveillance cystoscopy to catch any recurrences. His doctor can offer a therapy that is placed into the bladder called BCG. This can help to decrease the chances that the tumor will come back. I don't know any doctors in your area to recommend because I am located in the United States. But in general, his best bet is to see a urologist who has trained specifically in oncology. Hope this helps.