Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

, I am a 34 year old male. Last week about Thursday or

Customer Question

I am a 34 year old male. Last week about Thursday or Friday after finishing urinating I felt this searing pain/burning sensation which lasted a few seconds and then there was droplets of blood coming out of the end of my penis. Went to doctor, provided urine sample, blood tests. Results of blood tests say kidneys are working fine, cholesterol is fine, thyroid is on borderline of needing replacement, white blood cells were elevated. Urine sample says there is no infection. Had bladder, kidney and liver ultrasound on Friday and nothing is screaming out that anything sinister is happening although a couple of things need further testing, one thing they said was that my kidneys are working a little hard at the moment. Could I have or had kidney stones but have passed them?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Do you smoke?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I don't smoke. I quit smoking back in 2007

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Yes. It is possible that you may have been passing a kidney stone that was causing the pain and bleeding. Cancer would be extremely unlikely at your age. This is likely to have been from a stone you were passing or possibly prostate bleeding. You may need to have cystoscopy to look in the bladder to see if this was prostate bleeding or from a stone. Hope this helps.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What can be done to stop the bleeding? I don't like the sound of cysoscopy but realise that to find the cause I may need it done. Does it hurt?

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Cystoscopy does not hurt. Stopping the bleeding completely depends on what the underlying cause is. This has to be determined first.