Dr. David
Dr. David, Physician Experienced in Urology
Experience:  Board Certified Physician with extensive experience in Urology
41363181

The shaft that runs up the back of my penis (corpus

The shaft that runs up the back of my penis (corpus spongiosum) has moved out of line with the middle of the two corpus cavernous of my penis. It used to run straight down the middle in line with my urethral orifice, but now it is significantly further over to my right hand side. It is more centred towards the base of the penis and thence it runs up the shaft gets further over towards the right hand side. I first noticed it about 2 months ago and have been keeping an eye on it, if anything it seems to be getting gradually worse. Shortly before I noticed it I also noticed blood in my semen on two occasions (on the same day) and have ever since had a slight twinge whenever I clench/flex. I also had some dull pain on the underneath of the right side of my penis for several weeks when erect. I had not had sex for 6 months before that so I don't think it can be a sexual injury, unless it's something I've damaged while masturbating. It is most noticeable when I'm erect and can be uncomfortable because there is more friction on one side. Do you have any suggestions about what could cause and what could cure this?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

repeated masturbation with one hand can cause the corpus spongiosum to move over to one side.

Dr. David :

if you are masturbating with one hand, you should try using the other hand exclusively.

Dr. David :

this could help straighten out the corpus spongiosum.

Dr. David :

the blood in the semen is not from the penis itself.

Dr. David :

this is called hematospermia and most often it is from a bit of blood where the sperm is created in the testicles and usually it is not a dangerous sign and is completely normal in most cases.

Dr. David :

let me know if you have questions.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay I will try masturbating only with the other hand. How likely is it that doing that will move the corpus spongiosum back into line? Are there any other options of that doesn't work?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
most likely that will help

but it can take several months to years to move the penis back to straight

since it can take many months to years to curve the penis by masturbating with one hand.

that is the best method to straighten the penis if you masturbate frequently with one hand

that often will curve the penis in one direction.

many men find it hard to masturbate with the other hand.

but you need to do this to try to straighten out the penis.

other methods are invasive and less successful

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is having masturbated with one hand the only thing that could have caused it to move to one side?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
yes, masturbating with one hand often will cause curvature of your penis and your corpus spongiosum to move over to one side.