Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I recently had some stones removed from my kidney and a stent

I recently had some stones removed from my kidney and a stent inserted in my ureter. I have been experiencing some severe pain and discomfort lately. I urinate in like every ten minutes and the colour of the urine is blood red
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
It is common to have bleeding after insertion of the stent. You need to drink plenty of water to try to flush the blood out.
The pain you have can be from the stent itself as it can irritate the bladder and cause urinary frequency and urgency. Your doctor can prescribe the medication call oxybutynin to come sensation. You should discuss this with your doctor.
However, her urinary tract infection can also cause the urinary urgency and frequency and pain. Your doctor needs to do your culture as want to make sure that you don't need antibiotics to treat an infection. Hope this helps.