Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Male, 53, on high blood pressure and cholesterol medication.

Male, 53, on high blood pressure and cholesterol medication. For some years, haven't been getting that 'filling-up' feeling that leads to ejaculation, and even getting to orgasm with masturbation can be hard work (no pun intended). Was checked out by urologist who said prostate was fine, and could offer no possible explanation (age? medication? over-reliance on masturbation?).
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Has your doctor checked your testosterone level? What was it?
Do you take any medications?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No testosterone check done. Take Atenolol (beta blocker), Ramipril (ace inhibitor) and Atorvastatin (statin). Note also that ejaculate volume is much less, and I do know that will happen with age, but it was that feeling of having dried up that made me think the prostate wasn't producing the relevant fluid and led me to getting it checked out.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Your symptoms may certainly be related to a low testosterone level. I would highly recommend that you get into see a urologist to check your testosterone level to see if you need to be placed on testosterone therapy to fix your symptoms. Hope this helps
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.