Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

29/04/2015 After having blood and blood clots in my urine,

29/04/2015
After having blood and blood clots in my urine, I had my bladder irrigated with saline water for five days, and three units of blood transfusion I was sent to the theatre for laser treatment to my bladder I have since had a urine dribble when I am walking and being active,
17 months ago I had radio therapy for cancer. will I be able to get back any control of my water after pelvic muscle exercises.
thanks Laurence
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

Was the radiotherapy for prostate cancer?

How many diapers are you going through per day?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Was the radiotherapy for prostate cancer? yes

How many diapers are you going through per day? three to four not at night

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Whether you will regain function of your urinary control depends on whether or not there was any damage to your urinary sphincter. I don't know exactly what they did with the laser procedure so I can't determine what may or may not have been harmed. If the sphincter was stretched out or scar tissue opened up, you should be able to regain urinary control in the future. You may need to be referred to a physical therapist to help work on pelvic floor exercises to strengthen the muscle back up. You should discuss this with your urologist. Hope this helps.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your help it did hurt when they pushed the three way catheter passed my prostate bed in to my bladder it was a large one to use for irrigation. will call you again when I need you

Thanks Laurence

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. I wish you the very best. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.