Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have a red lesion on my penis head underneath my foreskin.

I have a red lesion on my penis head underneath my foreskin. I recently went through a spell of masturbating quite a bit and think it might be associated. Do you think this is the case or is this an STI?  I have attached a pic for reference.  There is no discharge or pain, I first noticed it 2 days ago

Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Do you have a higher resolution photo of this lesion. That is too blurry to see anything.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your quick reply. Hopefully this image is clearer...

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
If this is not painful, then this is likely skin irritation from masturbation. You should stop masturbating for a week or 2 to try to let this heal. You can put some triple antibiotic on this to see if it clears it up. If it doesn't, you should see your doctor for an exam. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will do. After Internet research I was worried about syphilis or penile cancer. Do you think this is unlikely? I did have unprotected oral sex just over a week before i first noticed it.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Sypyllis is possible. So if you had sex with a risky partner, then you need to be tested for this now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK I will do. I am traveling with work at the moment but will get to a doctor as soon as I am back.

Just one last question. If it was sypyllis would you expect it to be present for a week or two? I only ask because that it what I have read on the internet. This seems to be getting slightly better today (after 2 days) so am thinking that irritation is more likely.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
If this was syphilis, it definitely would not get better. It would only get worse until it was treated