Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have an important question, it's quite serious. A

Hello, I have an important question, it's quite serious.
A person sometimes gets sexual related thoughts crossing his mind, and it stimulates his penis.
These can be at times where he really does not want to have these sensations.
He came up with a strategy, and it worked-he took his penis, where one twisted their penis to around 270 or 360 degree anti clockwise, and stuck it down.
All the erections, sensations ect stopped and he's kind of happy-like he's cured!
He doesn't plan to do this often, only in important meetings, so like for 1-3 hours for 4x a year-so very infrequent. (He could also twist his penis round clockwise in order to cancel out any affects of it changing angle if that helps?)
1) Is this dangerous?
2) Will have penis return back properly? (again-it is just for around 12 hours in 1-3 hour periods in the entire year)
3) Is there any risk to the tubes inside?
4) Is there any risk of developing an incontinence issue?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Yes. This is very dangerous to the structure of the penis. The twisting of the penis will cause scarring of the penis and can lead to erectile dysfunction and curvature to the penis. This can lead to scarring and infertility. It will not cause incontinence. The bot***** *****ne is that you should not do this at all.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok. do you have any suggestions for the issue for getting sexual related thoughts crossing the mind, and causing sexual stimulation at the most unwanted of times?

I'm running out of ideas.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, I don't have any recommendations for this. It sounds like you need to see a sex psychologist to help get over these thoughts.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok.

Just to clarify, one point to clear, (we have determined it is not safe to twist the penis in order to ward of these issues for 3-4 hour periods.)

To clarify, if one did use this technique, as a one off for just say 3 mins so negligible time, I'd assume there would not be any harm?

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
If you can still get erections now, then you have not caused any harm.