Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have been experience a sharp pain from time to time in my

Customer Question

I have been experience a sharp pain from time to time in my left groin, at the junction between my leg and my lower tummy about level with the top of my scrotum.
It is severe and comes with movement but goes when I sit and rest.
Also, I have just noticed that I have a significant swelling on the left of my lower tummy as if some internal organ or artery was bulging inside me. There is a similar but smaller swelling on my right.
What could this be? Could it be an aneurysm in the arteries leading into my legs?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
An aneurysm is possible but very unlikely. And more likely cause of your description would be a hernia. I would recommend that you get into see your doctor for an examination to see if you may have a hernia that needs to be repaired. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your diagnosis of a probable hernia. I am sure you are correct.
Unfortunately, my doctor is unable to see me until Monday 27th while I am in a lot of discomfort.
How urgently should this be attended to?
The swelling and pain is low in the groin and I have commitments to fly to Munich, Killarney, Dublin and California during the coming month. The carrying of bags worries me.
Should seek an operation right now?
Hoping to hear from you
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, it you are in a lot of discomfort and this is in fact a hernia, then you may need an urgent operation. It sounds like you need to go to a local emergency room for an evaluation.