Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I had a bladder halved and piece of bowel attached I had a

Customer Question

I had a bladder halved and piece of bowel attached
I had a channel from bladder to opening in my tummy made out of bowel, so I can self catheterise, and flush my bladder few times per day
I have had 9 bacteria and urine infections in 14 weeks
Lot of antibiotics are resistant to the infections, so have had lots of antibiotics
Today I passed some tissue in my urine
It was like cotton look
The doctors don't know why I'm getting so many infections, couple were rare and never seen by my GP, also flora was seen on the tests the oncologist did
Can I be passing bits of swob left inside my bladder
My bowel was all twisted and blocked
I had over a stone in weight in blocked bowel, and had large amounts of adhesions and scarring from previous surgeries, my consultant informed me
He said he DOSN'T know how nonevent opened my bowel, and I had a very swollen tummy and in pain for a long time
I told my doctor, but they did nothing
I had a very over active bladder, nothing tried controlled it
It affected my kidney, so had bladder surgery to stop
It from contracting
I went through 10 hour surgery on 31/3/2015
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
They got a CT scan to evaluate your kidneys for possible unrecognized kidney stones is the source of your infections?
Have they done a bladder ultrasound after you catheterize yourself to make sure you are completely emptying it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The bladder scan showed I was emptying properly via cathithier

the white stuff I passed today looks like thick tissue paper

it was passed as I felt it come out

i can empty a little urine, and rest has to be removed via cathithier and put a syringe with special water into the catheter to flash the mucus

i do this severel times a day

the infections keep happening, the recent test showed

white cells, blood and protein in urine

had it two weeks now.

2 different antibiotics and no better

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Could a piece of swob be left behind, it has been heard off, and remember, I had a massive operation and has a severe twisted, scarred, blocked bowel as well

the doctor said my bowel was a mess and had a job to sort it out and used pieces to make a bigger bladder and removed half of my bladder

and made a mustroff to Catherise from out of bowel

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it's possible that you may have retained foreign body inside the bladder that maybe causing these persistent infection. I would recommend that your doctor consider doing this cystoscopy to look inside the bladder. You may have some for material that needs to be removed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't know what flora is? This was seen when my urine was tested just after the surgery.

i was told flora gives syptoms of urine infection

dont know how it gets into the bladder though?

i saved the tissue that I passed in foil to show my consultant

im seeing him next Thursday for a follow up, after my surgery, I have a temperature and feel tired, sick on and off

lower tummy pain with constant pain underneath

What is flora

am fed up with this now

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
It sounds to me like you may need to have cystoscopy of the bladder done to figure out what is going on. Flora just means bacteria
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

According to my consultant

flor a means bits of skin

which he claims can enter the bladder from catherising and is not a infection or bacteria

so your wrong

you must be looking things up

i want a refund as your not an expert