Hello, My name is***** am a reasonably healthy 58 year old male from Ireland, below I set out my symptoms and concerns, perhaps you would be good enough to give me your observations.
Classic urinary problems caused by enlarged prostate.
• A weak or slow urinary stream
• A feeling of incomplete bladder emptying
• Difficulty starting urination
• Frequent urination
• Urgency to urinate
• Getting up frequently at night to urinate
• A urinary stream that starts and stops
• Straining to urinate
• Continued dribbling of urine
• Returning to urinate again minutes after finishing
My situation with regard to the above
• I have a reasonably good stream
• I do get the incomplete bladder emptying feeling, see below
• I don’t really have a problem getting started
• I do not urinate frequently, quite the opposite in fact
• Do not get the urgency to urinate other than when I do
• I never need to urinate during the night unless I had a lot to drink beforehand
• My urinary stream does not start and stop
• I do not strain to urinate
• I do have a problem with dribbling or completely emptying the bladder, I need to press on the prostate area to get the last of the urine to exit.
• I do not heed to return to urinate again minutes after finishing.
The only problem that I have had with my urinary system was many years ago, when at the end of urination I used to pass a sort of white lime like substance, this caused a little discomfort when passing it as it was not completely liquid, this situation may have lasted for a year or more and happened when I was in my early twenties, I think, (I am now 58).
I have the feeling (rightly or wrongly) that my bladder is bigger or has a larger capacity than normal, and that maybe this presses on the prostate.
The problem that I do have concerns ejaculation, I find that the semen does not shoot out as it should, in my case it emerges very slowly and weakly, sometimes it can take a couple of minutes before the seminal fluid emerges at all. I find that when I press on the area behind the scrotum with my fingers, I can get the semen to emerge. This situation has been with me for 10 or more years, but is slowly getting worse.
As I have already pointed out I have not consulted with anyone regarding the problem.
I am not on any medications of any sort
I have not had any scans done.
Trust this is the information you need
I am sorry but I did not even mention that quantity of semen has decreased, what I am worried about is that the expulsion of the semen seems to be almost blocked, is this caused by the prostate???.
As I said I have some of the symptoms of an enlarged prostate, but I do not have all of them, could an enlarged bladder have an effect on my condition.
I am quite certain that the musculature that you mention is not the cause, I am quite fit and active.
Can you tell me why I have to press on my prostate area to expel the last drops of urine and also to expel semen.
Please give me your opinion on the condition that I describe