Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Three days ago, my husband (33) noticed that one of

Customer Question

Hello. Three days ago, my husband (33) noticed that one of his testicles was enlarged ( and body temp was 37.5 C) . We went to the hospital, and doctors performed an emergency operation fearing that the blood supply there was restricted . However, they only noticed an inflammation, nothing more, so they did not remove the testicle and are treating the inflammation with antibiotics. They do not, however, know what caused an inflammation. This morning, my husband noticed that his lymph nodes were enlarged (they were not before). Is is normal in these circumstances and what type of infections, in you opinion, can cause such inflammation. Thank you so much
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Yes, it is very normal for this type of infection of the testicle to cause enlarged lymph nodes. This is the most likely reason for his enlarged lymph nodes. His urologist should have done a urine culture to identify the bacteria causing the infection to put him on the appropriate antibiotics. Once the antibiotics completely treat the infection, the lymph node will go away and return to normal size. Hope this helps.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much. Sorry, I forgot to edit with one thing: would mumps present in the same way or not? Thank you again so much.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Yes. It is possible that mumps can present this way but mumps is very rare nowadays.