Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I've recently discovered a slightly raised lump on my scrotal

Customer Question

I've recently discovered a slightly raised lump on my scrotal sack between my penis and left testicle. I've been with my partner for 8 months, and have both been to a clinic for tests, both of which came back negative against any STIs. Could someone please advise as to what action I should take. Thank you
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Can you post a photo of this raised area?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for responding. Here's an image of the affected area.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a clearer picture of higher quality?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I apologise I can't provide better images.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
That looks like it may be a genital wart. I would recommend that you get into see your doctor for an examination and they may need to refer you to a urologist to consider cutting this out. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the advice. I did visit a gum clinic approximately 5 months ago, and as I never received any further contact from them, I assumed I was clear of everything. Would this not have been picked up in the tests? Is it something I may have contracted since that time? My partner has an implant, and therefore we haven't used any other contraceptives (i.e. condoms). Is it possible she has also contracted them?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
This would not of showed up on blood work that you would have had done there. If this is a genital wart, this is due to The herpes virus. The only signs of this virus would be the presence of the wart. Your partner may also have the virus and she needs to have routine Pap smear is done to screen for this. You need to see a urologist for an examination to see if they need to cut this out.