Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have been addicted to masturbating since 19 (about once a

I have been addicted to masturbating since 19 (about once a day on average, maybe less) . I am 33. My penis is sore and has got sorer over the years. Never had blood or discharge or urination problems...yet
I am worried the urethra is permanently damaged and scarred and sex will be too dangerous and painful.
Would the scaring build up and block my urethra? and is there a (relatively) painless way of checking the damage? Would the damage be permanent?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Why do you think your urethra is scarred? Are you having any problems urinating?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

After I urinate and masturbate I get burning or aching in the glans. It always passes. So I thought there would have been scaring building up over years.

I have no actual problems passing the water

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
This is not likely burning in the urethra. This is probably trauma to the nerves in the head of the penis from the masturbating. You should see a urologist for an exam to determine if you need o have cystoscopy or not to look in the urethral to rule out scarring inside. This is the only way to figure out what is going on and causing the pain.