Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have been addicted to masturbating since 19 (about once a

I have been addicted to masturbating since 19 (about once a day on average, maybe less) . I am 33. My penis is sore and has got sorer over the years. Never had blood or discharge or urination problems...yet
I am worried the urethra is permanently damaged and scarred and sex will be too dangerous and painful.
Would the scaring build up and block my urethra? and is there a (relatively) painless way of checking the damage? Would the damage be permanent?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Why do you think your urethra is scarred? Are you having any problems urinating?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

After I urinate and masturbate I get burning or aching in the glans. It always passes. So I thought there would have been scaring building up over years.

I have no actual problems passing the water

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
This is not likely burning in the urethra. This is probably trauma to the nerves in the head of the penis from the masturbating. You should see a urologist for an exam to determine if you need o have cystoscopy or not to look in the urethral to rule out scarring inside. This is the only way to figure out what is going on and causing the pain.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.