Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I lifted a heavy weight and felt a pain in my groine 2 hours

i lifted a heavy weight and felt a pain in my groine 2 hours later i passed a small amount of blood in my urine but followed with an ordinary flow ,i am 74 and i have had prostate problems , burt ok now ssince catheter out i month ago and on combodart. no further pain ,but feel worried i have done some thing stupid to set me back again .what should i do ?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
You may have burst a blood vessel in your prostate from the lifting. But anytime blood is in the urine, you need a full evaluation by a urologist to include a CT scan and cystoscopy to rule out serious causes of bleeding such as bladder cancer or prostate cancer. If you are still passing large amounts of blood or blood clots, you need to go to the emergency room to be seen by a doctor immediately. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was a small amount of blood it has stopped and i do not fee any more pain which was brief ,but felt i a had done something stupide ,shoulod i wait to see if i pass any more blood or go immediately to casulty in the hospital or wait till morning to see if it was only a small blood vessel and yhat would be that
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
If the bleeding has stopped, it is ok to wait to see your doctor tomorrow morning
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you ,but do you recommend i see my docter even if i have no further bleeding or pain regardless of that.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Absolutely. You cannot assume that because the bleeding has stopped, that the potentially serious causes of bleeding are no longer present. You still need a full evaluation by a urologist