Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I had cystitis and got trimethoprim, it is not as bad but

Hi I had cystitis and got trimethoprim, it is not as bad but still not cleared. Have mild abdominal pain, nothing major and still have the burning sensation now and again especiallywhen bladder us empty. Also have discharge what is causing it?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Did you have a formal urine culture done to identify the bacteria?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I went to the doctor and they used the dip stick but said st that stage it looked clear but gave me the antibiotic in case. The worst of the symptoms had died done as I'd drank lots of water so she thought it was maybe just diluted

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Is the discharge from the vagina?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, creamy colour

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
OK. This sounds more like a possible vaginal infection than a urinary tract infection. This is probably why you still have your symptoms. I would recommend that you get into see your gynecologist for a pelvic examination and they should send a culture from the fluid to identify what bacteria you have so they can give you the correct treatment. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.