Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

About 6 years ago, I engaged in urethral play with a former

Customer Question

About 6 years ago, I engaged in urethral play with a former girlfriend. ever since then, I have had chronic premature ejaculation (20 to 30 seconds, worse sometimes). What i found is that the is something after developing along the entire length of the penis. In between the corpus spongiosum and corpus cavernosa, there feels like an 'enlarged muscle', it seems mainly to be on top of the corpus spongiosum. Did I damage a muscle here, sometimes I cant completely feel empty after urinating and always dribble a bit. What is wrong here? what are the possible causes and what type of procedure will fix it. My main concern is with the premature ejaculation, before the incident, I lasted a good 5 minutes and now 20 to 30 seconds. I have tried dapoxetine and they made no difference. Im pulling my hair out on this, feel very worried and feel i may never get it fixed
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to add that i get frequent nocturnal emissions since this happened, especially on a full bladder
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
It will help if you could provide some further information.
Could you clarify what the 2 Urologist said?
Did they say there was an infection?
What evaluation beyond an examination was done by the Urologists?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They said nothing, just dismissed the case and wrote a prescription and there is no infection
Thank you for the clarification.

It is good that an infection has been excluded, although it is unclear what evaluation has been done to exclude infection.

When men perform urethral play, it is more likely that damage will be done to the urethra, itself, or to the spongy erectile tissue, the fibrous tissue surrounding the spongy erectile tissue, or a nerve. There is no muscle that can be injured until you are very deep into the urethra, and you will likely injure other structures to be able to injure a muscle. In someone with premature ejaculation, it would be more of a concern that there has been damage to a nerve.

In someone with suspected urethral trauma, the usual first test to consider would be a retrograde urethrogram, although an ultrasound also may help to clarify anatomic structures outside the urethra.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.