Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice
Experience:  Years of experience with general surgery and urgent care
18722459

HiI am 43 I have some red spots on the tip of my penisI

Customer Question

hi
I am 43 I have some red spots on the tip of my penis
I am happily married for 17 years so know it is not an STD. My wife knows all about this
I have had it before although it did not last long
I have had these for a few weeks niow and they get more pronounced after sex they seem to be fading now
What could this be?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi and sorry for the delay since your question just became available to me.This is likely what's called balanitis--a yeast infection and not any STD.You could try topical Lamisil cream three times a day for a week but if that doesn't clear it up you'll need prescription ketoconazole cream from your physician Let me know if you need any more information please