Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

It is a query regarding my husband and should he be worried.

It is a query regarding my husband and should he be worried. He woke up the other morning to go to the toilet and was slightly constipated but passed stools. he told me later he wasn't sure if there was a very slight darker red colour to be seen but then
thought there wasn't. It was so slight he couldn't be sure.even if it was blood present at all . He has had no further episodes . he is 66 and takes omaprozole for acid reflux and statins which he has been taking for 4 or 5 months .
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Does he smoke? Did he have pain with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no he doesn.t smoke and no pain he has never smoked
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
This sounds like he may have had blood in the urine. Blood in the urine can be an indication of a prostate infection, prostate cancer, kidney stones, or tumors of the kidneys, ureters, or bladder. This is why it is important to get in to see a urologist to have a CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis done and cystoscopy to rule out the stones and cancerous causes. While the cancerous causes are not likely, they should not be missed and this is why this evaluation is very important. He should see his primary doctor first to do a urinalysis to see if there is blood in the urine. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he had a cystoscopy not long ago which was fine
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
That is good news. In this case, this most likely rules out any serious cause of the bleeding. However, he does still need to have a CT scan to look at the kidneys and the ureters.