Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have been having urinary issues few months on

Hi. I have been having urinary issues for a few months on and off. I am finding that at times, especially when i hold back for too long, my urination flow is slow and at times, I have to wait and somewhat force a bit for a few seconds, before it flows.
At other times its normal. Sometimes, I have the feeling of going back to urinate within 15-30 mts of last urination. I also believe that its connected to my lower back which once in a while gets irritated/inflamed when I play excessive squash. I just got
a complete body test in India and everything came normal except deficient b12 and vit D. Prostrate is normal. Any thoughts?
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, I have been checked for diabetes many times in past year or so and my tests are normal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apologies, also I rarely get up in the night to urinate though it happens sometimes (may be once a week or so but not every week. some weeks more than others).
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Even if your prostate exam is normal, you can still have blockage on the inside of the prostate which can cause your urinary symptoms. However, this would not be that common at your age. In your case, I would recommend that you see a urologist to consider doing cystoscopy to look inside the urethra to see if there is some blockage such as A structure of the urethra that is leading to your symptoms. This may cause the symptoms you describe as well. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Dr Y. Is this cystoscopy intrusive and will NHS GP agree to this? what should I ask them so they actually send me to a urologist? Regards.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
The cystoscopy involves placing a small camera into the urethra that is the size of a catheter. It is only slightly uncomfortable. It is not painful. I'm not familiar with your health care system as I am located in the United States so I don't know whether or not it should be covered. However, if there is an indication to do the procedure, I don't see why it would not be covered. Something you would have to ask your doctor.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Doc.