Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I think that i have a bladder infection, i'm going to

Hello, I think that i have a bladder infection, i'm going to the toilet more it doesn't burn at all when i go but i do feel i need more. also the other day i woke up in severe pain in my left lower side of my stomach could hardly move was screaming in pain, after i went to the toilet it passed over as i woke too i was shaking badly like it was out of control. also yesterday i've started back ache more in the middle of my back to shoulder blades the pain in stomach has gone it did more feel like wind. what do you this all this is? i'm worried its my kidneys
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
This certainly sounds like you may have a bladder infection that may have spread to the kidneys. You need to get in to see your doctor for a urine culture and you will likely need to be started on antibiotics. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there anyway i can treat myself at home as right now i don't drive and its hard to get drs, could it be really bad to my kidneys?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Yes. This can be a very bad infection that can land you in the hospital. You can't treat this on our own. You need antibiotics for this. If you can't get to the hospital, then you should call an ambulance to bring you there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay, how's the back ache more between my shoulder blades rather than lower back?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Your kidney is actually up closer to your shoulder blades that in your lower back. This is probably why you had pain in that region. But this is why you need to see a doctor to examine you to really figure out what is going on. I wish you the very best. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.