Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have a blood stained cathiter in with small livery

hi i have a blood stained cathiter in with small livery particles im on antibiotics is this normal
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Yes. You can have these blood clots with a catheter in place. As long as the catheter is draining properly, there is nothing to be concerned with. You should continue your antibiotics as prescribed. You may need to see a urologist in the future for a CT scan and cystoscopy to formally figure out where the blood is coming from. Hope this helps.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you have questions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you. i have an appointment with hosp for 9 th but its quitte a wait when your uncomfortable it feels half up and not inserted correctly, have had 2 ct scans nothing unusual showing up just retaining fluid a lot
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
You may be having bladder spasms. You may what to check with your doctor to see if you would benefit from a medication called oxybutynin to see if this helps your symptoms.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good advise but not realy sure how this worked . As was charged for a phone convo but didn't get one.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
I tried to call you twice on both numbers you gave me but none of them would go through. I would be happy to continue answer any further questions that you have in this chat box as this is probably easier to get in touch since we are in different time zones across the globe.