Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

I have recently been having geefing when i go to the

Customer Question

Hi i have recently been having geefing when i go to the toilet for a wee and i have never had that before. I take 20mg of citalopram a day as of recent i have been having very tender boobs and stomach pains on and off. Is this due to the medication.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
HiDo you mean it burns while passing urine ?What is you age ?Are you diabetic ?Any blood in urine ?Do you have to go to the bathroom repeatedly ?Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesnt burn but i have had trouble urinating before or recent again when i go only little bit will come out but i have noticed now im geefing. Im 27 im not diabetic. I go to the toilet a lot at times and then some days not as bad
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
Pardon me , can you explain what you mean by geefing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Like air keeps coming out like passing wind from vagina
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
Do you just feel like a sensation of air or actual air comes out while passing urine?Any bowel issues like blood in stools or pain while passing stool?Do you have abdominal pain ?Fever?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have adominal pain and feel hot on and off feels like actual air that comes out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes i have trouble passing stools other days i can go with no problems
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
HIThe drug can you make you go to the bathroom more than usual and it is a common side effect . But by no means it can lead to air in the urine.Air in the urine only occurs if there is severe infection in the bladder/ kidneys or there is an abnormal connection between the bladder and the bowel.I assume you might be having an urinary infection.You should see your doctor to confirm the symptoms as well do urine tests to rule out infection. An Ultrasound scan of the abdomen would be beneficial in such cases.Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank u very much for clarifying i had a feeling i may of had an infection again
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome.Drink plenty of water and cranberry juice which is helpful in such cases.Dr.Tharun