Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

My husband went to the doctor 3 or 4 weeks ago after seeing

my husband went to the doctor 3 or 4 weeks ago after seeing a little streak of blood in stools or toilet water . The doctor examined him and said he had a small pile after examining him and there was nothing to be concerned about. my husband does have
some itchiness. he had no further sightings of blood and thought things were ok . He has had no treatment but for 2 or 3 times now since he has seen a slight streak of blood in stools. He doesn't know whether to go back to doctors or does he assume it is the
pile and does he just live with it ? He has no pain just slight itchiness. Obviously when you see blood you get concerned. He is 66.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
HelloHow are your bowel movements?Do you have to strain to pass stools ?Have you ever passed black stools ?DO you smoke ?Please let me know.Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi
Never never smoked bowels fine yes do strain sometimes. Bowel movement regular.
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
HIBleeding piles if not settling should be treated with some procedure or at least medications.Medications include flavonoid, steroid , calcium channel blocker ointments to applied over the pile locally for 1-2 weeks.Otherwise injection of piles ( sclerotherapy) , banding of piles or stapler hemorrhoidectomy can be done to stop it.You should go back to your doctor who can refer you to the concerned specialist or prescribe you medications.Dr.Tharun.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks for that
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome and take care.Dr.Tharun