Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I keep getting a red rash on my penis which irratates . Goes

I keep getting a red rash on my penis which irratates . Goes after a couple of days, less painful when keep dry and washed
Are you circumcised? Are you diabetic? Is the rash on the head of he penis?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Neither of the above. It is on my head off the penis
Ok. This rash is most likely something called balanoposthitis and can be due to a fungal skin infection. You need to see your doctor for an exam to see if they need to prescribe an anti fungal and steroid cream called betamethasone with Clotrimazole. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have had this for a few months is that normal
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Yes, this is normal especially if it is not treated. This will not go away until you get the steroid and antifungal cream to make the fungus go away. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have further questions. If you don't, please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.